Join Us For Drive-In Church!!
During this challenging time of pandemic, our church leadership is committed to being as creative as needed to continue to ministry and be of service to our community. One was we are being flexible and creative is by hosting worship "Drive-in" style! At 10am on Sundays everyone is welcome to gather in the church parking lot for an hour of prayer and praise. You can stay in the safe "bubble" of your car or you can bring your lawn chairs and sit in a shady spot facing our chancel set up alongside the church Meeting House. Tune your car radios to 89.7 FM to have the worship audio delivered straight to you! There are boombox radios stationed throughout the parking lot for folks sitting in lawn chairs :)
You can experience worship at home too!
Worship Bulletin for September 13th, 2020
What To Expect At Drive-In Church
- You can worship from the safety of your car! When you pull into the church parking lot you will be met by an usher. The usher can provide you with a bulletin (or there will be a digital copy available on the website, 1stCongregational.Net) and they will direct you to park facing the church where our "Chancel" will be. Then just tune your car stereo to 89.7 and worship will come to you!
- If you would prefer to worship outside your car, you are welcome to bring your lawn chair and sit where you like. If you want to bring your canopy and full-on tailgate, you can do that too :). You will be expected to spread out, and if you plan on signing along with the hymns please leave at least 15' between your household and your neighbor's. Or plan on singing in your car. There will be "boombox" radios placed around the church property so that you can hear the radio broadcast outside your car as well. It's going to be a hot one so bring some water.
- Kids! Attention families! We will have an Activity Tent set up on the front lawn of the church. Kids (ages 6 and up) will be welcomed during the worship service to come to the tent and do a craft. Cindy Raue will be acting as our crossing guard to help the kids cross the street :). There are a few rules in the Activity Tent. 1) Kids need to wear a mask at all times. 2) They will be seated with their siblings or members from their household (kids or grandkids attending on their own will need a family member to come with them). 3) Supplies will not be shared between tables. We have two volunteers overseeing the Activity Tent. Our volunteers will be introducing the art project and helping kids social distance, but they will not be helping kids do their art. The project for this Sunday creating a pool noodle creature! Sadly, nursery care will not be provided at this point.
- Masks. As we are worshiping outside, masks are not required but still encouraged. If you come within 6' of your neighbor or come into the church building to use the restroom please "Mask-up!"
- Restrooms will be available. The building doors will be propped open. Please sanitize your hands upon entering.
- We will be contract-tracing. Your attendance at worship services and mid-week gatherings going forward will be noted so that if someone in the congregation or someone having visited the building contracts the Coronavirus, you will be notified.
- Lastly, we will be streaming the service live to the church Facebook page and emailing out an audio version following the service! If you are high-risk or feeling ill please stay home and take care of yourself and join us online for worship :)
Hope to see you Sunday!
All together in Christ,